We all want tasty food. And most of us also want it quick and healthy. And we also like diversity and grow tired of the same old recipes. It sounds like we want a lot! But worry not because through the magic of Pinterest I bring you today’s quick, easy and healthy recipe: stir fry noodles!
I already mentioned how one step in the healthy direction is to switch from white to everything brown, pasta included. So whole grain spaghetti are a good option every once in a while, but provide a rather large calorie intake. So looking for a lighter version? Pasta with almost no calories? Nothing like zucchini noodles or zoodles, as they’re called.
In order to make this recipe, I highly recommend getting a spiralizer – here, it makes the whole process a lot easier and makes veggies look a lot more like real pasta. However, if you feel like skipping this step, just cut your veggies into really thin slices and follow the instructions below. Here goes:
- 4 small zucchini
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Firstly, use the spiralizer to create the zucchini and onion noodles (or cut them into really thin slices).
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until zucchini becomes tender.
- Enjoy, it doesn’t get easier than this!